How many times have you looked at a skirt or dress and thought that it would be perfect if it were only a bit longer, or had sleeves, or was a different fabric? Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could just make those perfect pieces ourselves? For many, the appeal of sewing their own clothes is huge, but many novice sewers soon learn that finding very simple clothing projects can be next to impossible. This book will change all that. With clear instructions, step-by-step illustrations, and very simple sewing patterns to download, Skirts & Dresses for First Time Sewers is a must-have resource of clothing projects for the new sewer. Inside, readers will find:
- Overviews of each project cover key characteristics, best fabrics, and styling tips
- QR codes and URL links provide complete project patterns for quick and easy download
- Simple adaptations for each project offer a variety of looks with a minimum of fuss
- Design and embellishment techniques that help make pieces truly one of a kind
- Tons of full-color images and illustrations provide inspiration and advice for a range of stylish classics, from maxi and pencil skirts to shift and wrap dresses, all bearing the same difficulty rating: SUPER SIMPLE!
The patterns in the book use a sizing system of sizes 1–5 with the following body measurements:
Size 1– Bust: 31–32" Waist: 23–24" Hip: 33–34"
Size 2– Bust: 33–34.5" Waist: 25–26.5" Hip: 35–36.5"
Size 3– Bust: 36–37.5" Waist: 28–29.5" Hip: 38–39.5"
Size 4– Bust: 39–41" Waist: 31–33" Hip: 41–43"
Size 5– Bust: 43–45" Waist: 35–37" Hip: 45–47"
All the patterns are PDF downloads and are assembled exactly the same way the patterns from my main line are assembled. To remain relevant in all languages, no written text is applied to any of the patterns, but the sizes are clearly marked with the size number and each size line is shown in a different dash style for clarity.
And because it ships from me, the author, I will sign your copy prior to shipping! Yay!
9.8" x 6.4"
Published by Barron's Educational Series
Publishing date: February 1, 2015
Also available in French, German, and UK versions